In 2007 he began The Lungwitz Law Firm, P.C., to focus on Texas educator representation and the delivery of educator seminars and workshops. Since 2007, Kevin has served as the outside general counsel for the Texas elementary Principals and Supervisors Association, advising hundreds of TEPSA members. He writes a regular legal column in the TEPSA Newsletter and conducts regular webinars for TEPSA members. Over the years, he has represented literally hundreds and hundreds of school employees in grievances, school board meetings, TEA and SBEC hearings, CPS investigations, and at trial and appeal, including several cases before the Texas Supreme Court. Kevin makes numerous presentations every year to school employees, lawyers, and education students on public education issues. Kevin and his wife, Jeana, are the authors of the book, Texas Family Law for School Administrators, Teachers and Lawyers. (2nd Edition, Park Place Publishing, July 2012)
His peers in the practice of Texas school law elected him to serve as Chair of the School Law Section of the State Bar in 2007. Kevin is a highly-rated speaker on educational issues, and is available for school district in-service educator workshops for CPE credit.
Kevin graduated from Texas Tech School of Law in 1989, where he met his wife who also practices law in Austin. Together, they are very involved in raising two lovely daughters, having served as PTA president, volleyball booster treasurer, band booster president, and as members of numerous school committees.
- Principal, administrator, teacher, coach, and support staff representation
- In-service educator workshops
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas (1989).
- Licensed in the Federal Northern, Southern, Eastern, & Western Districts of Texas.
- Licensed in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Kevin Lungwitz of The Lungwitz Law Firm
- Has represented public school administrators and teachers since 1990.
- General Counsel to the Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association.
- Former Chair of the School Law Section, State Bar of Texas.
- Widely sought by lawyers, educators, and education students for training and advice on Texas school law issues.
- Over sixteen years as General Counsel and staff lawyer for the Texas State Teachers Association.
- Has handled hundreds of cases for school employees, from school boards to the Texas Supreme Court.
- Kevin and Jeana Lungwitz are the authors of the book, Texas Family Law for School Administrators, Teachers and Lawyers.
- (2nd Edition, Park Place Publishing, July 2012)